The Lost Souls Of Judgement {KJCD}
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Souls Of Judgement {KJCD}

For the members of KJCD

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryn's Opinion of Team Builds -- for Admin since he asked :P

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryn Sage

Ryn's Opinion of Team Builds -- for Admin since he asked :P Empty
PostSubject: Ryn's Opinion of Team Builds -- for Admin since he asked :P   Ryn's Opinion of Team Builds -- for Admin since he asked :P I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Team Builds are a lot of fun, excellent exercises in tactics and strategy. They're fun to read about and see how they work, and they are very interesting to see put into action. I do not dislike team builds for this reason, not at all.

What I dislike about team builds is that with a team build, there is little flexibility in both the play style of the player and little tolerance for a player lacking one or more campaigns, lacking high title track ranks, or not being as far as others in some campaigns with some characters. To a slightly lesser extent because of the cost of armor and runes, builds requiring those can be draining on resources too.

For instance, todays FoW event had me running like mad with my Ranger all over on Thursday evening. I had to get a pet, find like two skills, and then I needed to actually go ascend and get the Ritualist secondary. I jumped at it, but eventually I got exhausted and tired of playing my Ranger and decided it wasn't worth it.

In short, builds are great things if someone is already through all the campaigns and has all the stuff to do them, but for players who are still working their way through PvE, the ability to use character Builds is hampered, and being expected to in order to go with the group somewhere is kind of depressing.

-----

One other thing about builds in general is that I don't feel you can just hand someone a build and then expect them to use it perfectly outright -- they need to be taught to use it, or practice its use. Efficiency is good, but not at the expense of the fun, because that's what the game's really about. Right?

That's just my stance on it, no offense to anyone or anything through this, I just wanted to clarify my opinion on builds.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Strategy Officer
Cassandra

PostSubject: Re: Ryn's Opinion of Team Builds -- for Admin since he asked :P   Ryn's Opinion of Team Builds -- for Admin since he asked :P I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:26 pm

About that practicing and teaching, I posted with it, if anyone needs a guide on how to use the build your preparing for let me know, and I would spent some time with you, and talking showing leading you trough it.
So far no one asked me to do that, only pandoras, I've been helping and guiding her allot and I do notice it helps her understand.
She is able to put her questions about the build towards me, and discuss it if needed.
Am open for her suggestions and she's open for mine, that way your able to comunicate and get to know a build.
I showed her how the teambuild worked, and I believe she was suprised about what it can do.

Hopefully this will also let you know your alloud to ask guiding about a build your working towards to.

Cassandra~
Back to top Go down
Gouf
Training Officer
Gouf

PostSubject: Re: Ryn's Opinion of Team Builds -- for Admin since he asked :P   Ryn's Opinion of Team Builds -- for Admin since he asked :P I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:49 pm

no need 2 cal me admin just calm me gouf Razz
just found it funny that you posted a team build seeing as you where against it last time we had a build you did not wane change any thing in your build ad that time wel you did after a while when we askt a few time but your right we cant force any one to do any thing they dont want how ever some times when you run sertain team build normal build dont go with it and it messes evry thing up for rest

Ryn Sage wrote:

What I dislike about team builds is that with a team build, there is little flexibility in both the play style of the player and little tolerance for a player lacking one or more campaigns, lacking high title track ranks, or not being as far as others in some campaigns with some characters. To a slightly lesser extent because of the cost of armor and runes, builds requiring those can be draining on resources too.

we dont ask ppl to buy expensive stuff we ask what ppl can run and most of the time your normal weapon sets wil do and rune wise ppl usualy have more then one head set with difrent runes skils are never a waste of gold and can always b used again

Ryn Sage wrote:

For instance, todays FoW event had me running like mad with my Ranger all over on Thursday evening. I had to get a pet, find like two skills, and then I needed to actually go ascend and get the Ritualist secondary. I jumped at it, but eventually I got exhausted and tired of playing my Ranger and decided it wasn't worth it.

wel you can always ask the person organizing it for help with getting stuff (dont ask for gold ) or any of the officers .taming pet or getting to other campains aint that hard but if you need help or want company ask others who signd up for the trip or agian ask me pet wise i could have helpt you get instand lvl 20 pet wich i forgoth to post am sory for that

Ryn Sage wrote:

One other thing about builds in general is that I don't feel you can just hand someone a build and then expect them to use it perfectly outright -- they need to be taught to use it, or practice its use. Efficiency is good, but not at the expense of the fun, because that's what the game's really about. Right?

i agree but ad this i point ad the post above this and what cassandra said
and yea fun is always the main goal but with the build chance of succes are higher in area's like this with team builds and when you clear a area like this it is fun(wel to me any way and its even more fun when you do it with guild )

Ryn Sage wrote:

That's just my stance on it, no offense to anyone or anything through this, I just wanted to clarify my opinion on builds.

wel evry one has the right to state their opinion so dont wurry bout it Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryn's Opinion of Team Builds -- for Admin since he asked :P   Ryn's Opinion of Team Builds -- for Admin since he asked :P I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryn's Opinion of Team Builds -- for Admin since he asked :P
Page 1 of 1